NoMol Mole Traps® – setting instructions
IMPORTANT: ALWAYS DE-GREASE TRAPS BEFORE USE. Burying traps in soil for several days eliminates manufacturing and human scents. Wearing gloves while handling the trap is recommended.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SETTING NoMol® TRAPS
- Locate a tunnel or mound that indicates recent mole activity. (During dry periods moles often stay inactive.)
- With a hand trowel, dig a circular or oval hole in the grass/sod 6-8 inches (150-200mm) in diameter and deep enough to reach the base of the tunnel.
- Carefully clean out each direction of the tunnel until the trap can be freely inserted. Set the two traps by squeezing the coiled end and placing the ring perpendicular, about 1 ¾ inches from the end of the tongs. NOTE: Failure to clean the tunnel adequately may cause the trap to become sprung and plugged.
- Place one of the SET traps in one direction in the tunnel with tongs pointing downward.
- Secure trap by placing a ¼" (6mm) thick dowel through the opening of the coiled spring and into the soil so that the tip is visible above the ground, but deep enough so that it is secure.
- Repeat Steps 4 and 5 for other tunnel, inserting the second trap.
- After both traps have been properly set and inserted, take grass/sod patch removed in Step 2 and place it diagonally over the trap and opening of the tunnel. The grass blades should point toward the trap. Repeat the procedure for the other trap. Fill the hole with loose dirt.
- Check traps in accordance with current legislation and especially after a rain. Remove the loose dirt and then lift the sod to see if each trap contains a mole or if it is snapped.
- If the trap(s) are not snapped, then cover as indicated in Step 7. If snapped, reset and recover.
CAUTION: Always properly risk assess your proposed actions before setting the traps in any location where children or pets play.